Website HIL Applied Medical
About HIL Applied Medical:
HIL Applied Medical is a fast-growing, VC-backed, MedTech startup.
We aim to make proton beam therapy affordable for every hospital and accessible to every patient.
Proton beam therapy is widely recognized as one the most advanced, focused and precise form of radiotherapy for treating cancer. Affordable systems are key to widespread adoption of this important therapy, and an enabler of a $30+ billion per annum market.
We are always looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team; to fulfill our mission we need the best scientists and engineers – from around the world, who want to change the world.
Description of the Position:
We are looking for a LabVIEW programmer and R&D scientist to take part in cutting edge research in the field of high intensity laser-plasma based proton acceleration.
He/she works with a team of physicists and engineers in a high-power laser laboratory. This position reports to the R&D team leader.
The position has two aspects:
· MAIN ASPECT: The LabVIEW Programmer is a program designer responsible for the automation of various experimental setups. S/he works with a high level of autonomy, yet in close collaboration with the experimental R&D team; developing, constructing and maintaining the software that controls the experiments and the automatic data acquisition.
·ADDITIONAL ASPECT: The R&D Scientist is a hands-on, multidisciplinary experimental scientist. S/he works as an integral part of HIL’s R&D team, developing and constructing experimental setups, acquiring and analyzing experimental data. S/he is expected to be knowledgeable of the relevant scientific literature and to follow the progress of the scientific community in the relevant field.
· Demonstrated LabVIEW programming experience (Must).
· MSc or Bsc in Physics / Engineering (or other equivalent degree).
· Expertise in one or more of the following fields is an advantage: hands on experience in optics lab, laser operation and maintenance, plasma physics, nuclear physics, image processing, microscopy, optical design, Solidworks designing.
· A desire to work in a challenging, dynamic startup environment.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Simultaneous work on several projects.
· Good technical skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com