Website HIL Applied Medical
About HIL Applied Medical:
HIL Applied Medical is a fast-growing, VC-backed, MedTech startup.
We aim to make proton beam therapy affordable for every hospital and accessible to every patient.
Proton beam therapy is widely recognized as one the most advanced, focused and precise form of radiotherapy for treating cancer. Affordable systems are key to widespread adoption of this important therapy, and an enabler of a $30+ billion per annum market.
We are always looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team; to fulfill our mission we need the best scientists and engineers – from around the world, who want to change the world.
Description of the Position:
We are looking for a senior experimental R&D physicist to take part in cutting edge research in the field of high intensity laser-plasma based proton acceleration. The senior R&D Physicist is an experienced, hands-on, multidisciplinary experimental scientist. He/she works with a team of physicists in a high-power laser laboratory. S/he works with a high level of autonomy, developing and constructing experimental setups, acquiring and analyzing experimental data. S/he is expected to be knowledgeable of the relevant scientific literature and to follow the progress of the scientific community in the relevant field.
The experimental physicist is working in the following fields of R&D:
· Design, conduction and data analysis of experiments at high power (~ 100TW class) femtosecond pulsed laser facility.
· Conducting ion-acceleration experiments by controlled interaction of high power laser pulses with micrometer and nanometre scale plasma targets.
· Operation and upgrading of high power laser system.
· Diagnostics of laser – plasma interaction.
· Designing and constructing experimental setups, this includes: Optical design, Optomechanics, Motion Control, Automation, vacuum systems, etc.
· Diagnostics of ions accelerated by high intensity laser plasma interaction, including spectrum measurements, flux measurements, measurements of the
spatial properties of the ion beam and shot to shot repeatability.
· PhD in physics; or an equivalent degree.
· Experience in research in a high-intensity laser lab.
· Experience in optical non-linear phenomena.
· Expertise in high intensity [>1015Wcm-2], ultrashort pulse [~ 30-50 femtosecond (fs)] laser system operations – strong advantage.
· Experience in particle diagnostics – advantage.
· A desire to work in a challenging, dynamic startup environment.
· Ability to work independently and as part of an international team.
· Simultaneous work on several projects.
· Good technical skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com