MassChallenge Inc. is a global startup accelerator with existing programs in Boston, Lausanne, Jerusalem, Mexico City, Austin and Rhode Island. We are the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we provide startups with the access and resources they need to succeed – from free office space to mentoring, workshops and global network access. We are a small, growing team getting a lot done!
If you are excited about working on a mission driven, web-based collaboration project that is having global impact, then this is your opportunity!
The Software Engineer will focus on new front-end connected to the MassChallenge Accelerate Platform, a Django-based web application that makes the coordination of the thousands of organizations and people associated with MassChallenge possible. The software engineering group is a distributed team based in Boston and Jerusalem that works closely to support all locations including the local Israel-based program.
The position is based in Jerusalem, but the team embraces remote workers if that’s your preference.
- Collaborate with company staff in the creation of modern web applications that are delightful to use, which leverage the MassChallenge Accelerate Platform.
- Be a source of knowledge on front-end for the team.
- Fully participate in a scrum-based, agile development team.
Work with various web-based software development tools (GitHub, JIRA, Amazon Web Services, Vagrant, Docker)
- Participate in code reviews and write tests as part of our quality assurance process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Share knowledge with the company’s stakeholders with regard to newly developed features.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent software development experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrated ability to create web applications that users love.
- Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular front-end framework. React/Vue.js is a plus.
- Experience with Python/Django is a plus.
- Experience contributing to open source projects a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal English required.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
Benefits of working with MassChallenge
- MassChallenge is a high impact, global operation, focused on getting the best possible job done to help worthy early-stage startups win. The fact that we operate as a non-profit allows us to focus on the impact we create, and on making that impact scale globally. This fact will also allow you to focus only on what matters most, delivering value to founders.
- You will be part of a team that is friendly and inclusive, yet highly professional, with a strong commitment to quality and work process.
- You will be part of a small team, delivering products that scale.
- You will be paid a competitive salary.
- You will be part of a global Startup Renaissance.
Feel free to reach out with questions or thoughts, at firstname.lastname@example.org!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://masschallenge.clearcompany.com/a/company/jobs/adc6b986-93ee-9f1b-7c9a-26871f7936e2 →