The Technical Support Specialist at VinciWorks is someone who is techy in a general way, but more importantly, passionate about helping people. You will liaise between our clients, who sometimes might be a bit frustrated, and the software development team, who don’t always understand those frustrations. Clear communication, empathy, tenacity, and affability are keys to success. You should be able to explain the highly technical in simple terms, and to translate the customer experience into technical specifications.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person who is motivated by solving real problems for real people. Since it is multidisciplinary and collaborative by nature, it is also a path to roles on other teams. You will be consistently engaged by diverse and interesting challenges. There is coding in this position, but you don’t have to be the strongest coder right now to succeed.
Roles and responsibilities
The role has two major components: project management and technical customer support.
Our clients are generally large corporations with thousands of users. No two clients are the same, and we help those clients customise our products to their needs. This customisation requires engaging and coordinating between multiple people. As part of your role, you will:
- Understand customer needs and agree on scope
- Evaluate a cost, then advise pricing and timeline to the client
- Communicate the technical aspects of the work with software developers
- Manage customer expectations
- Ensure quality and timely delivery
Technical customer support
In the course of using our products, clients encounter bugs and quite often request new features to make their life easier. As part of your role you will:
- Troubleshooting customer issues to find root causes
- Be hands-on in fixing bugs in our databases
- Turn bugs and feature requests into clear specifications for developers
- Advocate for product changes that will impact customer experience
- Ensure high quality by testing and approving bug fixes
- Prioritise feature requests
- Manage customer expectations and timelines for features
- SQL (Select, Update, Insert)
- Excel (VLookup, Index Match)
- HTML, CSS, JQuery
- Excellent written communication
- Attention to detail and care about quality
- Ability to handle multiple projects and implement timelines
- Imaginative problem solving
- Customer empathy – understand what the customer really means
Founded in 2004, VinciWorks is a profitable growing company passionate about delivering state-of-the-art products in e-learning, regtech, risk and compliance. With over 100,000 users across 70 countries, VinciWorks has established itself as a global authority in risk and compliance.
Working at VinciWorks
VinciWorks has a flexible, friendly, startup-type work environment with reasonable hours, travel opportunities, and a bright, passionate, collaborative team. Our office is on the 15th floor of the Jerusalem Technology Park, it has breathtaking views of the Jerusalem hills, a great kitchen and a 30 meter terrace overlooking the city.
Our core values are:
You don’t need permission to innovate
Nothing should be done today just because it was done yesterday
Say what you think
Do what you say you will do
Aspire to understand the business end to end
Always be growing
Anyone could be the CEO (there is no ceiling)
Work-life balance at VinciWorks means that you’ll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Dentist appointment? Sick kid? Renewing your driver’s license? You won’t owe VinciWorks the hours you spend taking care of your life.
We also understand that life is complicated, and you might have an intricate work-life requirement. We’re happy to talk about it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applying for the job
To apply, solve this technical puzzle and include your solution as the first word in the subject line of your application email, which you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your current resume. In the body of the email, describe how you solved our challenge and explain why you would be a good fit for this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com