06:30 pm - 09:30 pmEvent Category:
Made in Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel, 93542
We’re proud to announce the launch of Datatalks JLM, Jerusalem’s first meetup for the AI & Machine learning community. Join on Meetup + Details & RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/DataTalks-JLM-Machine-and-Deep-Learning-in-the-Holy-City/events/248232264/
We are celebrating the grand opening of the DataTalks Jerusalem branch!
We have two super interesting lectures from Lightricks and Fiverr on applying Machine and Deep learning methods on Real-World applications. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy the great people, food and lectures.
Come and be a part of the establishment of this AI community in the amazing atmosphere of Jerusalem. Needless to say, non-Jerusalem people are definitely invited. Agenda:
• 18:30 – 19:00 – Gathering, mingling, beers, food
• 19:00 – 19:15 – Amit Mandelbaum: Opening words and a brief overview of the
AI eco-system in Jerusalem
• 19:15 – 19:45 – Ofir Bibi – Director of Research @ Lightricks
• 19:45 – 20:15 – Lotem Peled – Data Scientist and NLP Researcher @ Fiverr
• 20:15 – 21:00 – Mingling, beers, food (cont.)
• Space is limited so be sure to RSVP. Also please cancel your RSVP in case you’re not coming.
• Lectures assume a background in Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Lectures details:
Speaker: Ofir Bibi
Speaker: Lotem Peled
Title: Tackling Complex Marketplace Issues With RNN Sentence Encoding and Feature Engineering.
Abstract: Fiverr is the world’s largest online marketplace for freelance services (aka, gigs). Connecting between millions of buyers and sellers from over 200 countries worldwide, Fiverr deals with huge amounts of data, and some pretty big data science challenges. In this talk, Lotem Peled, A Data Scientist and NLP researcher at Fiverr, will present some of these issues- How do you identify the highest quality gigs on the marketplace? How do you promote the right service for the right customer? What really happens behind the intuitive 5-star rating system? Can ML algorithms solve qualitative problems like poor grammar for freelancers? Lotem will discuss two interesting problems that are solved using sentence encoding with an LSTM RNN. She will also show how feature engineering with XGBoost is used to tackle tasks, and finally will discuss interesting challenges the are yet to be solved.